Tuesday 26 July 2011

VFR750 Super Motard nears completion

 I went for a 240km road test on the VFR on Saturday with Frank.- 80 km freeway, about 100km back roads (twisty bitumen), 40 km in urban areas and even 15 km on gravel. 


The bike is fantastic - really comfortable.   No headaches, arm ache or numbness in my fingers.   Handling is superb - even on the gravel it is controllable despite the big back tyre and the suspension reasonably compliant.






Frank was on his Suzuki DL650 V-Strom and was clearly better off on the gravel, but I don't think I will have too much trouble riding around Australia on my VFR.   Fuel economy wasn't great at 17 kms/litre, so I will have to watch the fuel stops on my trip to make sure I don't run out.   I don't really want to carry extra fuel.


Next step is the big screen and I am getting special brackets made for the Zumo 550 mounting.  The tank bag fits nicely and I still have full steering lock left and right.


That's it for now!

2 comments:

  1. Hi i have a similar problem after a few hours riding i have neck and back trouble for weeks. I also have a 750 but im not sure i could ride it with your mods. The thing is there's no pain while riding it turns up a few days later. Its nice to see you love your bike enough to make it fit your needs. Enjoy riding and be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to raise the bars on my VFR750 and glad I found your blog. Could you post a photo of you sitting on the bike so we can see the riding position and how high the bars are?

    ReplyDelete